Sep 27, 2013

Decision time: 10k or half marathon?

OK, in my previous post "10k or half marathon" I said I would...

... try to run about 2 or 3 times a week this month to see if I can reach again my longest training route so far of 9k comfortably and see what kind of times I do...

before deciding by the end of September whether to run the 10k or attempt my first half marathon at the Lanzarote Internation Marathon 2013 on the 8th of December. 




Well, this is how it went: the first couple of weeks I only manage to run twice 3k in about 22 minutes each. And then it went down hill. 

I won't bore you with the reasons why (although I did have some unexpected traumatic enough experience - if that doesn't justify it, I don't know what would!). 

Anyway, despite of my lack of training, I still manage to run a local 5k charity race "Juntos por la Vida" last Saturday in 33 minutes & 45 seconds. To many, not a great mark. But I'm still proud of it, all the same. 


Photo compliments of Lancelot Digital
So, let's cut to the chase: 10k it is. 

As soon as my visitors are gone in two weeks, I'll start a semi-serious training schedule to attempt to run 10k in under an hour which would be my personal best. This is my goal now. 

Don't forget the registration fees discount get reduced on the 1st of October & they are full price from the 1st of December - so, what are you waiting for to register?



The post that started it all: 10k or half marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment